Youre one proud owner of multiple staplers at home. You have one or two for your home office, plus a larger and heavy-duty one for arts, crafts, upholstery, and other household projects. But your heavy-duty stapler finally broke after you used it to staple a piece of thick leather to a wooden frame. Now, youre finally forced to look for the best staple guns online to replace the one you broke.
If youre a hobbyist, a DIY enthusiast, or a professional, theres no doubt that staple guns are a virtual staple in your drawer or toolbox. If youre in the market for the best heavy-duty staple guns, then youre definitely going to find this review helpful.
But first, lets learn more about this tool so you can make an informed decision before you buy a staple gun online.
- Air-operated stapler
- Uses Surebonder #4 staples or Arrow T50 type staples
- Highly recommended for upholstery projects
- Adjustable air exhaust
- Applications include but not limited to upholstery, cabinet backs, picture frames, light trim, carpet padding, small furniture repairs, house wrap, woodworking projects
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- HEAVY DUTY: Upholstery stapler gun power is required to drive staples into strong and hard upholstery woods. The Maestri ME 3G Electric Upholstery staple gun is strong enough to penetrate the hardwood. Heavy-duty design of Electric Upholstery Stapler efficiently delivers outstanding driving power.
- OPERATIONAL SAFETY: This versatile tool also offers the precision necessary for special tasks like screen door repair, finishing cabinet backs and crafting picture frames. Just be sure to use safely whenever children are nearby. When replacing parts use a proper tool to pull off.
- FAST PERFORMANCE: The Maestri ME 3G Electric Upholstery Stapler offers remarkable speed and considerable power that you'll need for construction applications like installing insulation, laying down roofing felt and promptly putting up house wrap. Includes 1 standard box of 3/8" length with 10,000 staples.
- COMFORTABLE & USER-FRIENDLY: Design offers a well-balanced body and rubber grip for comfort. The stapler is designed to sit evenly in your hand, enabling you take on large, time-consuming jobs without discomfort or fatigue. Free 2-3 day delivery anywhere in USA.
- MAINTAIN YOUR UPHOLSTERY STAPLE GUN: Always add about 4 drops of pneumatic oil to your upholstery staple gun every month to preserve the o-rings inside. Spare parts for all our staple guns are available to deliver your parts schematic.
- Thick carbon steel construction for durability, multi-purpose allows easily insertion of D-type, U-type, T-type staples
- Comes with 1000pcs D-type, 800pcs U-type and 800pcs T-type staples to meet your different needs
- Rubber grip and convenience handle lock for comfort and safe
- When the staple gun is stuck, just pull down the metal drive channel and remove the stuck nails to ensure the nail gun works again
- Easy operation
- 2-In-1 Manual Staple gun accepts heavy-duty staples and 18 gauge brads.
- Carbon fiber composite housing for less weight.
- Low fastener indicator for convenience.
- Bottom load design for quick and easy loading.
- Reversible belt hook for left or right-handed access.
- Patented easy squeeze mechanism
- Lightweight die-cast aluminum design
- Steel handle with over molded rubber grip for comfort
- It has a view window, so youll know when to reload staples.
- Equipped with a safety mechanism. This prevents accidental firing.
- It uses narrow crown 18-gauge staples in varying lengths. It is compatible not only with Surebonders staples but also with ones manufactured by Arrow and Stanley.
- The whole unit is protected by a carrying case.
- A bottle of tool oil and an allen wrench is already included.
- There are instances when the staples jam.
With a quality and highly rated product like the Surebonder 9600B Pneumatic Heavy Duty Standard T50 Type Stapler, youd be surprised that it is inexpensive. This pneumatic staple gun is ideal for contractors, as well as homeowners who have major household projects during the weekends.
It has a rubber handle for a non-slip grip. It is lightweight, powerful, and durable.
But keep in mind that it needs an air compressor, so that might add up to the cost if you dont have one at home already. It is also not ideal for use in apartments as the air compressor can be noisy.
- The elastomer grip trigger ensures it will not slip from your hand while you use it.
- Go from single actuation to contact actuation with the flip actuation switch.
- With easy adjustment, so you dont need to reach for a tool to adjust staple depth.
- It comes with an adjustable exhaust which allows users to direct it away from them.
- The magazine can hold up to 100 staples, making it more efficient.
- Safety glasses, no-mar tip, and carrying case included.
- A bit more expensive than most products on the list.
The Hitachi N3804AB3 1/4 Narrow Crown Stapler is ideal for professionals and serious DIYers alike. While it is more expensive than most, there is no doubt that its performance is superb. This is a must-have for those who want a pneumatic staple gun that is more on the heavy-duty side.
This ergonomic staple gun is lightweight at only 2.3 lbs. You can easily adjust the depth through its tool-free depth adjustment, as well as clear it in case of staple jam.
- This is a versatile tool that can accommodate cable staples, brads, headless pins, and flat crown staples.
- Precise stapling over wires thanks to its integrated wire guide.
- With high and low power switch. This switch allows you to use it on both softwood and hardwood.
- The contact trip switch ensures that it will only fire if the nose is pressed against wood, plastic, and other work surfaces.
- The unit has an 8-foot long cord.
- It does not come with an instruction manual.
- Its not strong enough for some types of hardwood.
The DeWalt 5-in-1 Multi Tacker and Brad Nailer is a good tool to always have on hand whether youre into arts and crafts or youre a long-time contractor. This is one of the most versatile products on the list as it can handle different types of staples and nails.
This electric staple gun has a long 8 ft cord, making it ideal for carpenters, electricians, and other professionals. Because it is powered by electricity, you dont have to exert a lot of effort into pulling the trigger even if youre working on hard surfaces.
Even the most frugal hobbyist can afford its price. It is a good investment, whether you work on arts and crafts during the weekends or youre a professional who needs to have a tool like this on hand all the time.
- This is a heavy-duty staple gun that is designed to pack a punch and penetrate the hardest surfaces.
- Portable thanks to its long power cord
- The unit comes with 10,000 staples. Youll probably not going to buy another box of staples again (except for contractors).
- No noisy air compressors while working.
- More expensive than most electric staple guns.
If youre not particular about the design, then a classic-looking Maestri ME 3G might be the best electric staple gun for you. You dont need to strain your hand and exert too much effort while operating this tool on hardwood or any challenging surface as theres no doubt about its power.
This electric staple gun is precise and reliable. Plus, you dont have to look far and wide for compatible staples as it already has 10,000 rounds included.
But the quality and the performance comes at a premium. It is also heavier than your usual electric staple gun.
- This is one of the most affordable staple guns on the list. Perfect for hobbyists or professionals who just want a basic staple gun.
- Package includes 2,600 staples (D-type, T-type, and U-type staples)
- It has an ergonomic rubber trigger and the whole unit is lightweight
- It is sturdy for different applications, including upholstery, carpentry, crafts, and more.
- It tends to jam after firing off several staples.
If you need a basic, no-frills staple gun, then the Rexbeti Staple Gun can do the job. Its shape molds to the hand and the trigger is located on top of the unit, so it might be easier for some people to put pressure on it.
Whats great about it is that it has enough staples to last you probably a lifetime (depends if youre a professional or a hobbyist). You can put up Christmas decorations with it, repair some upholstery, or always have it on hand while doing some light woodworking.
It is also affordable, so if youre looking for a good staple gun that will not hurt your wallet, then this can be a good choice.
- Carbon fiber composite construction ensures a lightweight unit.
- With reversible belt clip so you can carry it anywhere you want
- It can accommodate staples and brads.
- Easy to load.
- This is one of the most expensive manual staple guns.
- Staples are not included in the package.
If you want to splurge on a nice piece of equipment, then the Dewalt DWHT80276 Carbon Fiber Composite Staple and Brad Gun might be a good choice. It is lightweight, and it also accepts brads. Youll know when its time to reload as it has a low fastener indicator. And you can always depend on its quality. This is a DeWalt, after all.
But that doesnt mean it doesnt have a downside. Like I said before, it is pricey (considering its a manual staple gun), so consider that before making a purchase.
- This is a heavy-duty manual stapler that is ideal for upholstery, duct insulation, and other applications.
- Equipped with AntiJam magazine.
- Made of aluminum to ensure that it is lightweight.
- No need to squeeze it hard as it has an easy squeeze mechanism. Plus, the trigger has a rubber grip so it wont strain your hand.
- Staples are not included.
- This staple gun only works with a specific type of Bostitch staple.
The Bostitch Upholstery Stapler/Tacker Heavy Duty (T6-8) is a good tool to have on hand whether youre a DIY enthusiast or a professional. This manual staple gun is lightweight, and one doesnt have to strain too hard to squeeze and fire it off.
It has an AntiJam magazine, but that doesnt mean it wont jam now and then. But before you order this manual staple gun, keep in mind that you will need to purchase staples as these are not included in the package.
With its affordable price and versatility, this might be a good ideal tool for you.
Staple Gun 101: Manual, Electric, Or Pneumatic?
One of the most important things you need to know before you buy a staple gun online is that there are three types of staple guns. These include manual, electric, and pneumatic. Lets discuss each type, as well as determine their advantages and disadvantages.
Manual Staple Gun
Youre probably familiar with the manual staple gun already if youre a hobbyist or a professional tradesman in the remodeling business. But if not, chances are youve seen or passed by one in your local craft supplies store or hardware.
As the name suggests, all you need is good old elbow grease if you want to operate a manual staple gun. To staple materials together during your basement remodeling or upholstery project, all you have to do is hold the staple gun firmly against the material, press the trigger, and voila!
So, whats the advantage of using manual staple guns? Its main selling point is its price. It is affordable, and many hardware and craft stores always have it on hand. Loading the staples inside it is a breeze, and it is also easy to operate.
But keep in mind that you need to apply more force when using manual staple guns compared to its electric and pneumatic counterparts. Prepare your hand, arms, and upper body if youre going to spend hours using manual staple guns as handling it can be tiring.
Check out the list below for some of the best manual staple guns available online.
Electric Staple Gun
The second most common staple guns are powered by electricity, and these heavy-duty tools are perfect for most remodeling projects. Just plug the staple gun into an electrical outlet, press the nose of the gun to the material youre working on, and staple away.
Stapling is easier with this type of staple gun. The upside? Your hands and arms wont tire easily as you can handle the equipment with ease. You dont need to exert a lot of force into the equipment when using an electric staple gun.
The downside? Its pricier than your regular manual staple gun. Be careful not to press the staple gun too hard onto the surface of the material as the staple could go too deep. It can also be a potential occupational hazard if not used properly, so be careful when handling one.
Weve also included a couple of the best electric staple guns below to help you make the right choice.
Pneumatic Staple Gun
This is the most powerful type of staple gun available, but keep in mind that you will need an air compressor for this to work. Weve included a couple of the best pneumatic staple guns in this review, so you can weigh in which ones the best for your needs.
Apart from being the most powerful staple gun, the pneumatic staple gun is also considered the lightest. Users can easily adjust the air compressor to vary the stapling power. This type of staple gun can also accommodate different types of fasteners.
The main disadvantage, of course, is that you need to purchase an air compressor for a pneumatic staple gun to work. It is pricier than the first two, and definitely makes a lot of noise. Make sure that you know how to properly handle a pneumatic staple gun to ensure that it wont be a safety hazard.
What Do You Need A Staple Gun For?
Another thing to consider when buying a staple gun is the type of project youre going to work on. Lets say youre a regular hobbyist or you want a staple gun for minor household projects. Then the best manual or an affordable electric staple gun will do.
But if youre looking for the best heavy-duty staple gun for professional construction work, then its best to invest in electric or pneumatic staple guns. These types of staple guns are fantastic for different tasks, including woodworking, upholstery, commercial repairs, carpeting, and more.
But dont write off the best manual staple guns just yet. You can also have them handy in construction sites if youre aiming for precision or ease of control (if you dont mind the strain it will put on your hand, that is).
Staple Gun Price
Manual staple guns are some of the most affordable in the market. Any hobbyist, DIY enthusiast, and professional can easily afford one. You can easily buy a staple gun online for $10, while the most expensive ones can be purchased at more than $100.
Some of the best electric staple guns can be purchased at less than $30. Expect high-end ones to be more expensive. There are brands that you can purchase at just above $100, while others can go as high as $300.
Pneumatic staple guns are, of course, the most expensive of the three types of staple guns. The cheapest is available at $27, while others can go as high as $300. Make sure that you already have an air compressor or you have included one in your budget before you purchase a pneumatic staple gun.
Safety First! How To Use A Staple Gun Properly
Remember when you were a kid and you just discovered how to use a stapler? Youd staple anything that your parents allowed you to (and sometimes, ones you were not even allowed to).
Sheets of paper, your desk, the dining room table, a math textbook. Oh, the joys of using a stapler. That is until you accidentally fired off a staple into your finger. Ouch! That was the day when you swore youll never mess with anything that has staples ever again.
As with any tool and equipment, there is a proper way to operate a staple gun to ensure your safety. Check out our safety tips below on how to use your staple gun properly.
- Read the manual before you use the staple gun.
- Do not leave it unattended, especially in the presence of children.
- Choose a staple gun that has a safety lock. Always engage the safety lock whenever the staple gun is not in use.
- You should not, under any circumstances, point the nose of the staple gun on any part of your body or anyone elses. You have all the permission in the world to staple away at any appropriate surface, but never point the staple gun to yourself or another person.
- If youre carrying around a staple gun and youre not using it yet, make sure that your finger is not touching the trigger.
- Keep in mind that staples can ricochet if they are fired on top of each other.
When it comes to price, value, and quality, the clear winner for the best staple gun category is the Surebonder 9600B Pneumatic Heavy Duty Standard T50 Type Stapler. Because this is a heavy-duty pneumatic staple gun, it packs more power and efficiency compared to its manual and electric-powered counterparts.
You can do a lot of household and commercial projects with it, whether youre into arts and crafts, upholstery, or woodworking. It is so powerful it can penetrate thicks carpets, softwood, and even some hardwoods.
It accommodates different staple sizes, so you can switch staples according to your needs. The whole unit includes an allen wrench, a bottle of tool oil, and is protected by a durable plastic case.
The price of this pneumatic staple gun is reasonable, but youll need to purchase a separate air compressor as this is not included in the package. An air compressor can also be loud, so consider that if you live in an apartment.
The post 7 Best Staple Guns [2020 Review] appeared first on Home Remodeling Contractors | Sebring Design Build.