I got the adult size mask. The package contained one cloth mask. The cloth mask's effectiveness is affected by the number of layers, material, and fit.
1. The mask is large and covers my face starting from the nose going well under the chin as a good mask should.
2. This is my first cloth mask, and I expected it not to hold water (the main test I run on all paper masks to make sure they offer good protection). To my surprise, this mask does hold water and did not leak when I filled it with water. Even when I washed by hand under the faucet, it continued to hold water. Big plus!
3. The mask has two layers, the outer thicker fabric, and the inside thin fabric. It has a pocket for a filter.
I did not like:
1. The main problem with the mask that it does not have a nose clip. The mask gaps around the nose at the top. This means COVID-19 droplets can both enter and escape.
2. It has hard holders that allow adjusting the elastic that goes around the ear. But these plastic things dig into my ears. I never found one-size-fits-all plain elastic around the ears bothersome, but I notice these earpieces as they press on my ears.
Comparison of mask effectiveness:
1. Cloth masks provide 30% protection
2. Surgery masks provide 60% protection
3. N95 or KN95 masks provide 95%
When I go into crowded places, I actually double mask. This washable mask goes on top of a surgical mask. So the gap at the nose is not a big problem for me. However, anyone who wears this mask on its own would need to fix it by attaching a clip with a bit of sewing; otherwise, the mask effectiveness is significantly reduced.
You can find it on Amazon by following this link.
Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆
#ProductReview #3-star #COVID-19MASK