English Saddle 18" Doll Pet Pattern
Does your doll love to go horseback riding? Then her horse needs a saddle. This English Saddle pattern from ReadCreations requires little sewing and is the perfect crafting project for any horse enthusiast. There are two different stirrup hardware options and stirrup lengths are adjustable to fit most 18" dolls and their horses. The English saddle fits most 18" doll sized horses due to its adjust-ability. Instructions on how to make a bridle and reins for your horse are also included. The bridle should also fit most 18" doll sized horses. Instructions on how to adjust for different sizes are also provided.
Your saddle would not be complete without a saddle pad. Bonus pattern and instructions on how to sew a simple saddle pad are also provided.
But wait, your doll can't go horseback riding without a and , both patterns also available from ReadCreations.
This PDF pattern is designed to fit horses belonging to 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: vinyl fabric or real leather
Supplies needed for English Saddle
• 13" x 14" or 6" x 33" thick vinyl or real leather (3 ounce cow leather)
• (2) 9/16" x 14" pleather strap (also called single fold bias tape) found at craft stores or you can cut strips from vinyl or leather (used for stirrup straps)
• 6" x 30" thin somewhat stretchable vinyl or thick performance fabric
• Sheet of 2mm thick craft foam (8" x 11")
• (2) 3/8" D-Rings or use wire/sturdy paper clips to form (optional)
• (2) 5/8" D-Rings or use wire/sturdy paper clips to form
• (1) 5/8" buckle (or small piece of hook and loop tape)
• 4" x 5" piece of thick plastic like from a plastic gutter guard or garden edging found at home improvement stores
• Contact cement
• 3" of 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (optional, only needed with 3/8" D-Rings)
• 4" of 5/8" ribbon
• Heavy duty sewing needle or sewing needle for leather (16/100)
• Heat gun
• Zipper foot (for easier edge stitching)
• (2) 3mm metal studs (optional)
• 5/8" round wooden dowel or anything else with a 5/8" diameter, just used for shaping
• Spray paint bottle or something with a similar diameter, just used for shaping
• Rotary cutter, not required but very helpful
• Heavy duty scissors or tin snips
Supplies needed for Bridle and Reins
• (4) 3/8" D-Rings
• (2) jewelry clasps
• (2) small jump rings, might not be needed if you can add the jewelry clasp directly onto the D-Rings
• 3/8" x 21" thick vinyl or real leather (3 ounce cow leather) for bridle
• ½" x 6" thick vinyl or real leather (3 ounce cow leather) for bridle
• ¼" x 9" thick vinyl or real leather (3 ounce cow leather) for bridle
• 3/8" x 22" thick vinyl or real leather (3 ounce cow leather) or
22" leather braided necklace or similar, for reins
• Small pieces of hook and loop tape (optional, or use buckle)
• ¼" (8mm) metal buckle (optional, you can use hook and loop tape instead)
Supplies needed for Bonus Saddle Pad
• ¼ yard of cotton fabric
• 6" x 8" x ¼" polyester batting (needs to separate easily)
• 3" of ¼" to 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (optional)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 51 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.For detailed information and answers to the most common questions, be sure to read the and related to the doll clothes patterns sold at Pixie Faire.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®